Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Captured by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Captured by the Hunter (Xarc'n Warriors #7) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 8, 2023

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter
2. Wanted by the Hunter
3. Taken by the Hunter
4. Cherished by the Hunter
5. Rescued by the Hunter
6. Stolen by the Hunter
7. Captured by the Hunter - Paperback | Kindle
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the Hunter
10. Coveted by the Hunter
11. Craved by the Hunter

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
TILLY
No one ever told me the bugpocalypse would be so lonely.


I was ready when the man-eating space bugs descended from the skies. I have everything I need in my fortress: food, water, and my dog, Waffles, but I'm bored out of my gourd and lonely AF. So when a Xarc’n warrior breaks into my home, I decide to “detain” my purple intruder.

Note to self: tranquilizer darts and zip ties do not hold big, burly hunters. At all. Now I have more muscley warrior than I know what to do with pressing me up against the counter and claiming I’m his.

RAYK’N
Captured by a little hunter.


Checking up on a kid and his dog is not my idea of fun; I’d rather be out shooting down flyers or hunting for my mate. But Tilly is not a male or a child. Her enticing scent calls to me, and I follow it to her home.

When I approach, she shoots me with a tranquilizer. Imagine my surprise when I wake with my wrists tied and her straddling my body. If my mate wants to play, all she has to do is ask.
Thoughts on Captured by the Hunter: It's Rayk'n and Tilly's turn to find their happy place and I AM HERE FOR IT! I mean, given this post-apocalyptic buggy nightmare they're living in, who wouldn't be?

So. Rayk'n is one from the hunter group who defied orders and came to Earth when they found out human women could trigger the mating bond. Working with the Franklin group, he's been biding his time hunting for his mate and killing lots of bugs in the meantime. Tilly is a human who's been on her own since the bugpocalypse hit. She's good at keeping herself and her dog (Waffles!) alive, but it's a pretty lonely existence. Then Rayk'n crashes into her life (not literally) and suddenly the two of them are making eyes at one another.

The issues? Tilly's been on her own for a while and she's wary of trusting other humans. She's survived because of her stockpiles and potentially losing everything if she ends up trusting the wrong people is something she's legitimately worried about. On Rayk'n's end, not everyone is thrilled that his group of warriors abandoned their original orders and came to Earth. So he has that to deal with.

Bugs, a sweet pup, more bugs, a hunter (not Rayk'n) on a mission, new friends, familiar faces, a warrior who find his special someone in an unexpected place, and a lady who does what she has to do to protect herself. Sure, the tranquilizer and zip ties don't work, but Tilly gives it her all.

No comments:

Post a Comment