Thursday, May 30, 2024

Desired by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Desired by the Hunter (Xarc'n Warriors #9) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 10, 2023

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter
2. Wanted by the Hunter
3. Taken by the Hunter
4. Cherished by the Hunter
5. Rescued by the Hunter
6. Stolen by the Hunter
7. Captured by the Hunter
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the HunterKindle
10. Coveted by the Hunter
11. Craved by the Hunter

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Aanya
I should never have slept with Haax’l.

The grumpy alien warrior claims he doesn’t want a mate, but now he’s glaring at me and acting super possessive. All while telling me he’s not interested.

Argh! Talk about mixed messages!

Well, he and his magnificently muscled butt, regal horns, and chiseled jaw can go take a hike, because I’m looking for a warrior who knows what he me. And when I find him, I’m never letting go.

Now if only Haax’l will stop scaring everyone away.

Haax’l
When I first arrived on Earth, finding a compatible female was my priority.

But now, I’ll do anything to avoid a mate bond.

Females only make hunters weaker; I know this for a fact. Too bad my body had its own ideas.

I long to wrap my arms around Aanya and never let go, but that is exactly what I’m trying to avoid, so I warn her off with gruff words and a mean growl.

Even though I know deep down that Aanya is MINE, and I will never let her go!
Thoughts on Desired by the Hunter: Hoo-boy. Haax'l, the warrior who used to purr for anyone and everyone he came across, is up and he's met his match in Aanya. To be fair, the big guy has undergone a radical change from his indiscriminate purring days. He's guarded and avoids the human women as much as possible because he absolutely doesn't want a mate.

Heh. Joke's on him, isn't it? Because as much as a hunter might try to fight it, their instincts take over once they find their special someone.

Which is all fine and everything, but Haax'l really did try his hardest to keep Aanya at arm's length. Until, you know, he didn't.

As for Aanya, she might like the big, purple warrior, but she's not into the hot and cold thing. Then things get explained and she starts to see why he might be so conflicted about having a mate. Let's just say that once Haax'l gets out of his own way, THINGS HAPPEN. Sexy things.

Bugs, time spent away from Franklin, new faces, babies, a little danger, a warrior fighting against what he wants, and a lady who pushes back when her honey tries to push her away. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment