Thursday, August 22, 2024

Craved by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Craved by the Hunter (Xarc'n Warriors #11) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: January 10, 2024

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter
2. Wanted by the Hunter
3. Taken by the Hunter
4. Cherished by the Hunter
5. Rescued by the Hunter
6. Stolen by the Hunter
7. Captured by the Hunter
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the Hunter
10. Coveted by the Hunter
11. Craved by the Hunter - Kindle

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
SAM
When a legendary PIP model shows up in my shop, I jump on the chance to work on the sentient shuttle, until I meet Pip’s owner. The surly hunter hates humans and has earned himself the nickname Loose Cannon.

Worse yet, Pip is dead set that I’m Kan’n’s mate! I don’t care that the seven-foot-tall alien warrior has the galaxy’s sexiest jawline, and is covered in delicious purple muscles; he’s a jerk and totally not my type. He does everything to stop me from working on his shuttle, including calling for backup from the mothership.

But when things go haywire aboard the mothership, I find my life in Kan’n’s hands, and the rest of me in his arms.

KAN’N
I don’t trust humans, especially not the female with the sunshine hair and intoxicating scent who has brainwashed my shuttle and makes me feel strange things. Which is why I’m leaving the moment I can.

Eager to get my shuttle fixed, I ask the mothership for help. But when Jask'l arrives, he not only praises Sam for her work but he also invites her up to the mothership with him! There’s no way I’m letting her brainwash him too, so I tag along to keep an eye on her.

When disaster strikes, I see a side of Sam I’ve never seen before. For once, she needs me to protect her. Now that I’ve seen how things can be between us, I’m not sure I want to ever let her go.
Thoughts on Craved by the Hunter: It's time for Sam and Kan'n to find their happy place. Frankly, Kan'n does NOT make things easy. He's wary of humans after being captured by them and he isn't exactly friendly to the group that rescued him. And with Sam? Well, despite his ship's insistence that Sam's his mate, Kan'n is convinced that his feelings for her are less on the mate-y side and more on the "don't trust her because she's human" side.

Spoiler: Kan'n is entirely wrong and he kind of drives Sam up a wall with all his lurking and angry growls.

That said, Sam might like Kan'n's muscles and looks, but his grumpy personality leaves a lot to be desired. She is absolutely not interested in him and she's sure Pip has things wrong with this whole mate thing. It takes a scorching kiss, some imminent danger, and a night snowed in during a storm for things to finally get on the right track with these two. Which is also to say that Kan'n has a little groveling to do when he unintentionally hurts Sam's feelings with some harsh words about humans.

A new danger (that's also kind of old, but...oh, just read about it!), a wild crash landing, a hunter who has to recalibrate this thinking when it comes to humans, and a lady who is determined to carve out her place in this world (and hopefully with the warrior she's come to adore). MAN, I like these big purple warriors and the ladies who capture their hearts. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment