Monday, May 27, 2024

Stolen by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Stolen by the Hunter (Xarc'n Warriors #6) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 7, 2023

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter
2. Wanted by the Hunter
3. Taken by the Hunter
4. Cherished by the Hunter
5. Rescued by the Hunter
6. Stolen by the Hunter - Paperback | Kindle
7. Captured by the Hunter
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the Hunter
10. Coveted by the Hunter
11. Craved by the Hunter

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
MEGHAN

The scary alien hunter has his eyes on me. He’s got sharp fangs, massive claws, huge horns, and walks around in nothing more than a loincloth! Totally terrifying! So why is my body betraying me and reacting in ways it shouldn’t?

With troublemakers inside the gates and deadly space bugs roaming outside, I soon realize Mal’k is the last person I should fear. Because in this crazy bugpocalypse, a hyper-protective Xarc’n warrior is the very thing I need.

MAL’K

I know she’s mine the moment I lay eyes on her. Too bad Meghan’s terrified of me. My human is frightened of everything and cries out in fear, even in her dreams. I long to chase away her demons and wake with her in my arms.

When she leaves the hunters’ compound to live with a group of humans, I follow along, offering to help them forage. She may whimper at the sight of me now, but I’ll never give up until she whimpers under me.
Thoughts on Stolen by the Hunter: It's Meghan and Mal'k's turn and poor Mal'k has to find a way to desensitize Meghan to the Xarc'n because the lady is afraid of pretty much everything, the hunters included. Which I don't blame her for, by any means, because this world is a bug-strewn, terrifying mess.

But it does make it hard for Mal'k to get close. Not that it stops him. The big guy volunteers to go with the human group to stay near her. He treats her gently and he's always there if she needs him. Unfortunately, not all the humans want to work with the hunters and soon a faction within the human group is making things difficult for Mal'k and the others. (On the plus side, the humans who DO want to work with the hunters go all in and I kind of love that.)

A whole lot of bugs, a fair amount of infighting, a big purple hunk who is determined to make his special someone feel safe, and a lady who might be afraid of everything, but works through her fear so she can be with the alien of her dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment