Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Wanted by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Wanted by the Hunter (Xarc'n Warriors #2) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: June 30, 2023

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter
2. Wanted by the Hunter - Paperback | Kindle
3. Taken by the Hunter
4. Cherished by the Hunter
5. Rescued by the Hunter
6. Stolen by the Hunter
7. Captured by the Hunter
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the Hunter
10. Coveted by the Hunter
11. Craved by the Hunter

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
NATALIE

A knight in shining loincloth

That’s what I’m looking for. I’ve been lusting after the Xarc’n hunters since they landed on Earth, offering to help us fight the alien bugs. These seven feet tall, musclebound warriors are horned, clawed, and fanged—the ultimate protectors. And Rajiv’k is the perfect specimen.

Just one problem: I can’t fall in love. Nope! Not after the crappy relationships I’ve had. I refuse to deal with a broken heart during the bugpocalypse. No way! So I keep things transactional, his protection for my companionship. What can go wrong, right?

RAJIV’K

Hunters are supposed to revel in the physical act of fighting and killing the scourge. But not me. I kill them, they multiply, I kill them, they multiply. What’s the point? Why spend my life saving worlds I didn’t care about?

Then, she comes along. Little human Natalie fires up my need to claim and protect. And suddenly, I have a reason to fight. Natalie is MINE. She just doesn’t know it yet.
Thoughts on Wanted by the Hunter: It's Natalie's turn to find her special hunky warrior and he's a sweetheart. But then, aren't they all? So far, at least. I mean, the odds are good that at least one of them will probably be a grump, but they've only been focused, ferocious fighters who fall and fall hard thus far.

So. Natalie and Rajiv'k. She's a fast-thinking lady with an injured leg who doesn't believe the rumors about the hunters IN THE LEAST. In fact, even before meeting them in the flesh, she was 100% Team Hunter. Coming face to face with one (or several) doesn't dampen her enthusiasm in the slightest. Which works nicely because these aliens REALLY like their special human ladies.

As for Rajiv'k, he's a bit of an outlier among the other hunters. He's good at tinkering and cobbling together better weapons to fight the scourge. He fights because he has to, not because he loves it. Until Natalie comes along, that is, and he suddenly has something worth fighting for.

Throw in some nasty humans who don't like the idea of aliens taking human women (because fighting bugs isn't enough, right?), a plan to wipe out the scourge in the city, a few encounters with new bugs, and a misunderstanding or two and there's a whole lot these guys are dealing with. You know, on top of finding their special someone and figuring out how to make things work.

Bottom line: I like these alien warriors and the ladies who capture their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment