Friday, May 24, 2024

Rescued by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Rescued by the Hunter (Xarc'n Warriors #5) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: borrowed through Kindle Unlimited
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 6, 2023

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter
2. Wanted by the Hunter
3. Taken by the Hunter
4. Cherished by the Hunter
5. Rescued by the Hunter - Paperback | Kindle
6. Stolen by the Hunter
7. Captured by the Hunter
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the Hunter
10. Coveted by the Hunter
11. Craved by the Hunter

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
KORIV’N

My mate’s scent calls to me. I hunt it, each step taking me closer to the one thing I came to Earth to find.

These silly humans think they’ve captured me. What a joke. They’ve captured nothing! I’m here for my female, and nothing can stop me. I will find her, and I will claim her. She is mine!

When my mate runs right into me and begs for me to take her away, I can hardly believe my ears. Today must be my lucky day!

NIKKI

I need to get out of here.

With certain doom pounding at the door, I do the unthinkable, I beg the massively muscled mauve warrior towering over me to take me with him. To my surprise, the hunter gathers me into his arms, growls, “MINE!” and jumps out of a second-floor window!

I hope this isn't a horrible mistake!
Thoughts on Rescued by the Hunter: Okay. Koriv'n and Nikki are up. Koriv'n is one of the warriors from the hunter group that defied orders and rerouted themselves to Earth when they learned there were compatible females there. Which means he's part of the hunters, but he's also slightly apart from them. If that makes sense.

Then there's Nikki. She was one of the human women who attempted to escape in Evie and Tarv'k's book. While her escape partner managed to make it out of the raider's compound, Nikki wasn't so fortunate. She got dragged back by her despicable husband and things didn't look good for the lady.

Then Koriv'n allowed himself to get captured so he could find Nikki (gotta love those sensitive alien noses and how quick the big guys are to know when they scent their special someone) and soon the two were busting out and navigating the wilds of Franklin in an adventuresome, getting to know you first date sort of way. Honestly, Nikki really just needed time to decompress after escaping the compound and Koriv'n was more than willing to fight off any bugs they came across to give it to her.

A little danger, a group of humans who were NOT good people, lots of bugs, a hunter on the prowl, and a lady who takes a chance and ends up with a hunk of an alien. *thumbs up*

No comments:

Post a Comment