Saturday, May 18, 2024

Pursued by the Hunter by Lynnea Lee [Review]

Pursued by the Hunter (Xerc'n Warriors #0.5) by Lynnea Lee
Format: ebook
Source: free with newsletter sign up
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Date read: July 9, 2023

Xarc'n Warriors
0.5. Pursued by the Hunter
1. Claimed by the Hunter
2. Wanted by the Hunter
3. Taken by the Hunter
4. Cherished by the Hunter
5. Rescued by the Hunter
6. Stolen by the Hunter
7. Captured by the Hunter
8. Protected by the Hunter
9. Desired by the Hunter
10. Coveted by the Hunter
11. Craved by the Hunter

Lynnea Lee
| Website | Amazon |

Synopsis (Goodreads):
Cynthia
My name is Cynthia, and I live in the Bugpocalypse. I eke out a living in a barren and hostile post-apocolyptic landscape, foraging for food, hiding from deadly bugs, and sleeping in abandoned shipping yards. You know, the whole nine yards. But I have a problem: I have a stalker.

And not just any stalker. He’s powerfully muscular, fiercely protective, and…purple. Yes, he’s freakin’ purple. Cov’k is a Xarc’n hunter. And he claims I’m his mate.

There’s no way I’m going to be some ferocious warrior’s pet! I don’t care if he saved me from the swarm. And I definitely don’t care about his talented tongue. I’m getting the hell out of Dodge. If he wants me, he’s going to have to find me first!
Thoughts on Pursued by the Hunter: I read this book out of order in relation to the rest of the series (honestly, I didn't realize there WAS a prequel until I was a good chunk into the series otherwise I would have read this first) and HOO-BOY do I like these scourge-fighting warriors. Sure, they don't have the best social skills, but they are here fighting the good fight against the bugs even though there are plenty on Earth who aren't thrilled to have them planet-side.

That said, thanks to the government propaganda about the hunters, Cynthia is NOT pleased to have a big purple alien following her around. In fact, she has no idea what to do with Cov'k at first. So she ran. Fortunately for her, Cov'k followed her. He protected her when she needed it and found her a decent group to settle in with once she reached Franklin. All without her knowing, for the most part.

On Cov'k's end, he wasn't quite sure what to do with Cynthia since she seemed determined to get as far from him as possible. A little time and a little space (or so she thought) gave her the chance to come to terms with the big guy and his protective streak.

Bugs, bad guys, a little miscommunication, and a couple who (eventually) find happiness during an invasion. Yesssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment